Admissions | Application Outcome
Need technical support?
Password reset queries: 0860 142 142 | 021 831 6000 or email email@example.com
Admission application queries: 0861 819 919
FAQ: Still need to apply? | Successful application | Unsuccessful applications
Please utilise the following contact form if you are experiencing challenges. Technical teams will respond directly to your request.
If you get a blank screen when accessing the admissions page on your phone, then turn your phone horizontally as seen in the video.
Timeframes for admissions for 2024: English | Afrikaans | IsiXhosa
Circular 0037 of 2022: English| Afrikaans | IsiXhosa
Tutorials for Parents
Video tutorial: How to apply for placement in a school
Part 1 & 2: How to register and apply
Part 1: How to register
Part 2: How to apply to schools
FAQ includes enrolment age for learners entering the school system.
Parents | Guardians MUST upload the following certified supporting documents:
- The last official school Report Card | Results of the learner, for learners who have been to school.
- ID | Birth certificate | passport of the learner; OR
- A study permit (foreign learners); OR
- Proof of application (study permit) or a police affidavit
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) [Primary Schools Only]
- Proof of residence
- Apply to at least 3 schools (Including the ones closest to your home)
- Indicate your order of preference on the system
District | Head Office Officials
Procedure for dealing with school admission queries: English | Afrikaans | isiXhosa
Parents who wish to apply for the 2024 school year as a late application must please contact the district office.
However, we are determined to ensure that all learners are placed before then.
Appeals for admissions
It is recommended that you first contact the school and request that they reconsider your application should any vacancies become available. Thousands of learners have been accepted into more than one school – which means that spaces will become available in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, you may also:
- Write to the schools you have applied to and ask them to place your child onto their waiting list;
- You can also engage the School Governing Body to request that the school reconsider their decision;
- Speak to your WCED district office about other placement options available to your child;
If you feel that the school made a mistake or acted unfairly in any way you may appeal to the Provincial Minister.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you think the school’s decision should be overturned.
Please attach the evidence or documents in support of your claim