Parents who wish to apply for the 2023 school year as a late application must please contact the district office.
It is very important that parents ensure that an application for their child has been captured on the WCED system.
Officials use the list of learners who still need a place to follow up and engage schools and parents to secure and offer places to parents where places have become available. The process is as follows:
Schools review their lists and make further offers to parents depending on available spaces.
The 9 Admission Teams take over the process and place learners at schools where spaces are available.
Schools will only be able to finalise their admissions by the end of the school year, once they have completed the promotion and progression process which will determine additional available places in each grade, if any. However, we are determined to ensure that all learners are placed before then.
Please note: ALL queries regarding your child’s enrolment must be done via the WCED Admission System.
Select the “Enquiries” button and provide specific details of your child’s registration so that we can assist you.
Contact the local WCED district office for advice
Tutorials for Parents
These guides will take you through the registration and application processes.
FAQ includes enrolment age for learners entering the school system.
- Apply to at least 3 schools (Including the ones closest to your home)
- Indicate your order of preference on the system
Parents | Guardians MUST upload the following supporting documents:
- The last official school Report Card | Results of the learner, for learners who have been to school.
- ID | Birth certificate | passport of the learner; OR
- A study permit (foreign learners); OR
- Proof of application (study permit) or a police affidavit
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) [Primary Schools Only]
- Proof of residence