ViE was implemented at well over 99% of all public ordinary & special schools across the province in 2019. Schools were required to provide the WCED with the names of a cross-section of individuals associated with the school, and who would constitute a School Change Team (SCT).
The SCT comprises of the following:
- T2P Champion;
- The Principal;
- SMT member;
- SGB member;
- A non-teaching support staff member;
- A teacher and;
- One RCL member in the case of high schools (The RCL member is replaced by an additional teacher for primary schools).
According to a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) signed by schools, the SCT’s agreed to be responsible for:
- Managing the T2P Strategy and implementation at school level.
- Performing an interface function between schools, T2P District Champions, the T2P Project Team and service providers.
- Collecting and communicating information between the school, District T2P Champions and the T2P Project Team.
- Assisting T2P District Champions with the implementation of T2P projects e.g. logistics, attendance registers, surveys, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting to District T2P Champions and the T2P Project Manager, as requested in accordance with the T2P Monitoring and Reporting Plan.
- Assisting with ad hoc requests for urgent support and assistance from the T2P Project Team.