AMESA mini Conference George
7 November 2019
The George Branch of Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA) held a very successful mini conference on 26 October 2019.
175 teachers attended the conference. Teachers from as far afield as Beaufort West and Laingsburg were in attendance as well as two Subject Advisors from other districts.
The enthusiasm and energy of teachers were contagious despite the crunch time at schools.
The teachers had a choice of attending any three of the following sessions:
- Maths Learning Apps – How to integrate Apps in lessons to ensure active learning and deeper understanding
- Thinking About Angles in the Primary School
- Mental Maths – How to create interactive gamesin PowerPoint for the FP and IP
- Kahoot, Introduction to Google Classroom and creating Google forms
- Informal assessment using ZipGrade
- Exploring the Properties of Quadrilaterals using Geogebra
The Eden and Central Karoo (ECKED) team wants to thank the teachers for sacrificing their precious family time. A big word of thanks to all the presenters.