Terms and Conditions
1. Please refer to the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) Policy for the management of admission and registration of learners at ordinary public schools and the National Education Policy Act, 1996 (Act 27 of 1996) as these are applicable regulations.
2. The meaning of “parent” or “guardian” is clearly defined in the South African Schools Act (SASA), 1996 (Act 84 of 1996).
3. Any false or incorrect information submitted during this application process may result in your online application being rejected, and/or disqualified by the relevant school's governing body or the WCED.
4. The WCED cannot guarantee placements at schools of choice.
5. Schools determine their own admission policy and parents must study the admission policy of the school before applying.
6. The online application is subject to the school exercising and applying their admission policy.
7. The school makes the final decision whether the application is successful or not. The WCED is not involved in this decision-making process.
8. PLEASE NOTE: Applications on this system are mainly for Grade 1 and Grade 8 learner placements, and then instances where the learner has reached the highest grade.
9. All applications for other grades will be treated as transfers between schools. Transfers will only be considered where the learner has relocated.
10. Applications close on 14 April 2023. Once you click SUBMIT at the end you will not be able to change the learner details or the selected schools. You may choose to SAVE and RETURN to the application, but you must click SUBMIT before 14 April 2023.
11. The WCED does not accept any liability for incorrect information captured or uploaded on the WCED Admission System.
Your application is INCOMPLETE until ALL the relevant supporting documents have been UPLOADED on the ONLINE ADMISSIONS SYSTEM
From the 29th of May 2023, schools will upload the outcome of your school application.
Parents will be required to accept or decline places where their admission has been successful. The parent will only then be required to provide certified hard copy documents to the school that they have selected, within 7 days of acceptance.
The following certified documents will be required:
- Birth certificate of the learner,
- A study permit issued by Dept. of Home Affairs in case of foreign learners
- Or proof of application to the Dept. of Home Affairs
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) of the learner;
- The last official school Report Card / Results of the learner, if the learner attend a school
- Proof of Residence (Rates account or an affidavit confirming residence)
13. Please note
13.1 You MUST print and keep a copy of this online application for your own records.
13.2 The admission policy of schools is available on the admissions website.
13.3 You must check the admission policy of the school/s you are applying to BEFORE submitting your application.
13.4 Schools may not request any additional information that is not in line with the SASA.
13.5 Schools may NOT require parents to use the school’s or any other hard copy or online system to capture or process applications.
13.6 Schools will indicate on the WCED Admission System whether there are any outstanding documents that they need in order to process the application.
13.7 Submission of this online application to a school does not guarantee placement at the selected school/s.
13.8 All communication will be directed to the person whose details are filled in as the primary parent/guardian.
13.9 In the event of a dispute, please contact your nearest district office for assistance.
14. Acceptance of placement
14.1 Parents must confirm acceptance of the placements at schools between 29 May and 19 June 2023.
14.2 The order of priority of the applications is very important.
14.3 In the case that the learner is accepted at more than one school and you, the parent/guardian, has not indicated your final decision and confirmed by 19 June 2023, the first school where the application was successful, as ranked by you, will be activated automatically. All other successful applications will be removed in order to resolve learners blocking places at schools.
14.4 After 19 June 2023, parents/guardians then only have three days to accept a place if they are offered one at a school.
14.5 In the case that all the applications have been unsuccessful, and the learner/s has/have not been accepted at any school where they have applied, the WCED may be contacted to assist parents to find an available place.