Terms and Conditions
1. Please refer to the WCED Admission Policy and Admission Policy for Ordinary Public Schools; National Education Policy Act, 1996 (Act no. 27 of 1996) as these are applicable regulations.
2. The meaning of Parent or Guardian is defined in the SA Schools Act (Act 84, 1996).
3. Any false or incorrect information submitted during this application process may result in your on-line application being rejected, and / or disqualified by the relevant school's Governing Body or the WCED.
4. The WCED cannot guarantee places at schools of choice.
5. Schools determine admission policy and parents must study the admission policy of the school before applying.
6. This online application is subject to the school/s exercising and applying their admission policy.
7. PLEASE NOTE: Applications close on 26 March 2021. Once you click on SUBMIT at the end you will not be able to change the learner details or the selected schools. You may choose to SAVE and RETURN to the application, but you must SUBMIT before 26 March 2021.
8. The WCED does not accept any liability whatsoever for incorrect information captured or uploaded on the WCED Admission System.
9. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
9.1. Parents MUST upload copies of supporting documents required onto the system as part of this online application.
9.2. Certified copies of supporting documents must only be submitted to the school once the learner has been accepted.
9.3. These certified hard copies must be submitted to the school where the learner will be attending within seven days of the parent confirming the place at the school.
9.4. Your application is INCOMPLETE until ALL the relevant supporting documents have been submitted to the school.
9.5. The last official school Report Card / Results of the learner, if the learner attended a school previously.
9.6. ID / Birth certificate or passport of the learner.
9.7. A study permit issued by Dept. of Home Affairs in case of foreign learners
9.8. Alternatively, if a study permit is not available, proof of application to the Dept. of Home Affairs or a police affidavit may suffice.
9.9. Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) of the learner (Applicable to Primary Schools Only)
9.10. Proof of Residence (Rates account / Lease agreement / An affidavit confirming residence)
9.11. In the case that the parent/ward does not have the required documents, the parent/ward can contact the local district office who will advise parents/wards of what to do.
10. PLEASE NOTE
10.1. You are advised to print and keep a copy of this on-line application for your own records.
10.2. You must contact the school beforehand to check their admission policy and requirements BEFORE submitting your application.
10.3. Schools may not request any additional information which is not in line with the South African Schools Act (Act 84, 1996).
10.4. Schools will confirm on the WCED admission system if parents have uploaded all the required documents.
10.5. Submission of this on-line application to a school does not guarantee a place at the selected school/s.
10.6. All communication will be directed to the person whose details are filled in as the Primary Parent.
10.7. In the event of a dispute, please contact your nearest district office for assistance.
11. Parents must confirm acceptance of the places at schools between 24 May and 25 June 2021.
11.1. The order of priority of the applications is very important.
11.2. In the case that the learner is accepted at more than one (1) school and you, the parent / guardian / ward do not make a final decision and confirm the school of choice by 25 June 2021, the first school where the application was successful, as ranked by you, will be activated automatically and all other successful applications removed in order resolve learners blocking places at schools.
11.3. After the 25 June 2021, parents/ guardians / wards then only have 3 days to accept a place if they are offered a place at school.
11.4. In the case that all the applications have been unsuccessful, and the learner/s have not been accepted at any school which they have applied to, the WCED may be contacted to assist parents to find an available place.