Terms and Conditions
1. Please refer to the WCED Admission Policy and Admission Policy for Ordinary Public Schools; National Education Policy Act, 1996 (Act no. 27 of 1996) as these are applicable regulations.
2. The meaning of Parent or Guardian is defined in the SA Schools Act (Act 84, 1996).
3. Any false or incorrect information submitted during this application process may result in your online application being rejected, and / or disqualified by the relevant school’s Governing Body or the WCED.
4. The WCED cannot guarantee places at schools of choice.
5. Schools determine admission policy and parents must study the admission policy of the school before applying.
6. This online application is subject to the school(s) exercising and applying their admission policy.
7. The school makes the final decision whether the application is successful or not. The WCED is not involved in this decision-making process.
8. PLEASE NOTE: Applications on this system are limited to Gr 1 and Gr 8 and parents applying in cases where the learner has reached the highest grade.
Transfers to schools will only be considered where the learner has relocated more than 20 kilometers.
Applications close on 15 April 2022. Once you click on SUBMIT at the end you will not be able to change the learner details or the selected schools.
You may choose to SAVE and RETURN to the application, but you must SUBMIT before 15 April 2022.
9. The WCED therefore does not accept any liability whatsoever for incorrect information captured or uploaded on the WCED Admission System.
10. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
10.1 Parents MUST upload copies of supporting documents required onto the system as part of this online application.
10.2 Certified copies of supporting documents must only be submitted to the school once the learner has been accepted.
10.3 These certified hard copies must be submitted to the school where the learner will be attending within seven days of the parent confirming the place at the school.
10.4 Your application is INCOMPLETE until ALL the relevant supporting documents have been submitted to the school.
10.5 The last official school Report Card / Results of the learner, if the learner attended a school previously.
10.6 ID / Birth certificate or passport of the learner.
10.7 A study permit issued by Dept of Home Affairs in the case of foreign learners
10.8 Alternatively, if a study permit is not available, proof of application to the Dept of Home Affairs or a police affidavit may suffice.
10.9 Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) of the learner (Applicable to Primary Schools Only)
10.10 Proof of Residence (Rates account / Lease agreement / An affidavit confirming residence)
10.11 In the case that the parent / ward does not have the required documents, the parent / ward can contact the local district office who will advise parents / wards of what to do.
11. PLEASE NOTE:
11.1 You are advised to print and keep a copy of this online application for your own records.
11.2 You must contact the school beforehand to check their admission policy and requirements BEFORE submitting your application.
11.3 Schools may not request any additional information which is not in line with the South African Schools Act (Act 84, 1996).
11.4 Schools will indicate on the WCED Admission System whether there are any outstanding documents that schools need for administration purposes once the learner is enrolled.
The parents must contact the school and submit the required documents as soon as possible. Learners may not be denied a place at a school if they do not have all the documents.
11.5 Submission of this online application to a school does not guarantee a place at the selected school(s).
11.6 All communication will be directed to the person whose details are filled in as the Primary Parent.
11.7 In the event of a dispute, please contact your nearest district office for assistance.
12. Parents must confirm acceptance of the places at schools between 27 May and 17 June 2022.
12.1 The order of priority of the application is very important.
12.2 In the case that the learner is accepted at more than one (1) school and you, the parent / guardian / ward do not make a final decision and confirm the school of choice by 17 June 2022, the first school where the application was successful, as ranked by you, will be activated automatically and all other successful application removed in order to resolve learners blocking places at schools.
12.3 After the 17 June 2022, parents/ guardians / wards then only have 3 days to accept a place if they are offered a place at school.
12.4 In the case that all the applications have been unsuccessful, and the learner(s) have not been accepted at any school which they have applied to, the WCED may be contacted to assist parents to find an available place.