Closing date: 31 January 2022 (online applications)
Guidelines: e-Registration for June 2022 Senior Certificate (as amended) examinations
Electronic registration (e-Registration) is available in all provinces for adults planning to write the June 2022 Senior Certificate examinations. If candidates experience any problem with the registration process, they should contact the provincial office for assistance. Candidates should also make use of the downloadable Quick Reference Guide.
Using this service consists of two major steps:
- Register or log into the e-Gov portal – top/right on the home page.
- Log into the e-Registration service and complete your registration.
If you have registered previously on the e-Gov Portal, you don’t need to register again, just login with your previous login credentials by ignoring steps 2 and 3 in the diagram below.
Please note the following before you register:
- Only candidates with a valid RSA ID number will be able to register online. This ID number will appear on your final Umalusi certificate.
- You will need to provide a valid email address. If you do not have an email address, you may register for one at any of the free email service providers (Gmail, Yahoo etc.). Your Admission Letter and other documentation will be sent to this email address.
- You will need to provide a valid cell phone number and have the phone with you when you register. During registration OTP (PIN) numbers will be sent to this number.
- You will need to provide electronic copies of supporting documentation (copy of Identity Document, previous qualifications and Special Needs approval if relevant). Maximum size of these copies should not exceed 512Kb per document. File types which will be accepted by the system are: PDF, JPG, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, GIF and PIC.
Learners may register on the www.eservices.gov.za portal as depicted in the diagram below:
|NB:||That persons under the age of 21, non-citizens and citizens without a valid South African ID must apply via hardcopy:
Application may be sent to Andile Gidana at Andile.Gidana@westerncape.gov.za