Teacher assistant posts for the 2024 school year are not open. The WCED has not yet received confirmation when the project will proceed and when applications will be open. Applications will be done off the sayouth.mobi site.
- Implementation Framework
- Skills Transfer
- Circular 64 of 2021: English | Afrikaans | IsiXhosa | Annexure A | Annexure B
- Training - Reading Champ Manual
- Who qualifies to apply for EA and GSA posts this time?
- You must be between 18 and 34 years of age at the time of your application.
- Youth with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions
- You must live no more than 5km’s away from the school (or 30km’s if it is a small, micro or farm school).
- Education Assistants (EA) must have at least a Matric qualification.
- General School Assistants (GSA) do not need a Matric qualification.
- Who CANNOT apply for EA and GSA posts this time?
- Anyone that is working, training or on a learnership
- Studying full or part-time, online, distance or on a short course
- Anyone that participated in Phase I, II or III of this programme
- Why do only some people qualify to apply for EA and GSA posts this time?
- The Presidential Youth Employment Intervention aims to address inequalities, unemployment, and poverty.
- More EA and GSA opportunities will come up in the next few months
- Are you registered on sayouth.mobi?
- Do you know your password?
- Are your contact details up to date?
- Is your address correct?