WCED to host
in March 2019
On 25-26 March the WCED will be hosting, together with other stakeholders, an education conference in Cape Town at the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
The conference: “Education Conversations for the Future” – aims to bring together a range of voices in education and development in the Province to discuss educational challenges with a focus on a rapidly changing technological and living environment.
There are a variety of key issues currently facing education in the Western Cape. These include:
- How to adapt to a changing future of work and lifestyle shaped by the fourth industrial revolution and the need for 21st century skills
- Social justice Inequalities in school performance
- School safety, gangsterism and youth disaffection/unemployment
- Literacy and numeracy levels Teacher professional development
The event will thus be organised around the following themes:
- Relevant future-focused education
- Current best practices
- Digital learning
- Ongoing professional development
- Data-informed decision making
The goal is to stimulate discussion, ideas and actions for the future of education in the province.
Should any teacher, principal, SGB member, official, education partner or organization wish to exhibit or present at the conference, please visit our Call for Contributions page (WC Education Conversations for the future) and submit your application before 31 January 2019.