Application for the issue of Certificates
The WCED (Directorate Examinations Administration) facilitates:
- Issue of certificates (see list below): This services is available only for clients who reside within the Western Cape (regardless of the Education Department where the qualification was obtained)
- where results are unavailable to the WCED, clients are referred to the respective province where the examination was written.
- Senior Certificates / National Senior Certificates
- Copies Senior Certificate
- Statement of Results
- Combination of Results
How to apply
- Print / Download a copy of the application form
- Complete the application form in full
- Pay the administration fee [R130] via EFT or direct bank deposit. Bank account details are indicated on the form.
- Scan and email completed application form, copy of ID and proof of payment to: ExamResults@westerncape.gov.za
What you will need
Application Form (Valid from 1 April 2020 - 31 March 2021)
In addition to the items below, you will need to complete the Application Form available as follows:
All applications for duplicate certificates should be accompanied by an affidavit from the South African Police Services, stating the whereabouts of the original certificate e.g. lost or stolen.
You will need to furnish a certified copy of your identity document. (This must be done by a commissioner of oaths). You can make a copy and have it certified at a police station. Please remember to take the original along so that the commissioner of oaths can verify the copy.
School/College Name and Year of qualification
You will also need to include the name of the school/college, province and year in which you obtained your qualification.
Do not forget to indicate the surname as at the time of the exam, especially if you are a female and have been married in the interim and changed your surname.
Administration fees payable
R 50 for Statement of Results
R 130 for a copy of a Senior/ ABET Level 4/ Technical Certificate and Combination of Results
You can either pay in cash at the WCED cashier – if you go in person – or by means of an electronic transfer.
The above fees can be deposited directly into the Department’s bank account, the details of which are:
BANK:NEDBANKCol 3Col 4Col 5Col 6ACCOUNT NAME:Provincial Government of the Western Cape Department of EducationCol 3Col 4Col 5Col 6ACCOUNT TYPE:CURRENT ACCOUNTCol 3Col 4Col 5Col 6ACCOUNT NUMBER:1452 045 089Col 3Col 4Col 5Col 6BRANCH NAME:NEDBANK CORPORATECol 3Col 4Col 5Col 6BRANCH CODE:145 209Col 3Col 4Col 5Col 6REFERENCE:15 followed by your identity number
or exam number
or surname and initialsCol 3Col 4Col 5Col 6
PS: All payments should be made out to the Provincial Government of the Western Cape: Department of Education.
A copy of the deposit slip/proof of payment must accompany the application before any certificate can be processed.
What to expect
If you obtained your qualification before 1992, the copy should be ready in 6-8 weeks.
If you matriculated after and including 1992, there is a longer waiting period as the certificate has to be requested from Pretoria – about 8 weeks.
The Department will send your certificate to you via registered post. Clients will receive an sms notification with the postal tracking number to collect the certificate at their nearest post office
Present your ID when collecting your certificate. If a third party collects the certificate on your behalf, the following procedure will apply:
- Third party and the certificate holder’s ID should be produced (certified copies)
- A letter of consent is required, where permission is granted to a third party to collect a certificate on your behalf
PS: If you are residing overseas it would be more practical to arrange with a relative or friend living in South Africa to apply on your behalf. If not, you will be liable for the courier cost overseas.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE TELEPHONE: 021 467 2000
The officials in the Certification unit that can be contacted are as follows: