Closing date: 16 March 2020
Supporting documents: A certified copy of the candidate's ID and previous results must accompany the application form
How do I apply?
Application forms are available from Education District Offices or can be downloaded using the red button above.
Completed application forms can be dropped off at:
- Education District Offices or at
- Examinations Walk in Centre, Grand Central Cape Town.
Registration enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
When will the final National Senior Certificate examination be conducted?
From October to December of each year.
Must a learner register to write the final National Senior Certificate examination?
Yes, before 16 March of the year that a learner will sit for the final examination. All subjects to be written, including those from approved assessment bodies must be registered.
Who is eligible to write the National Senior Certificate examination?
- Current Grade 12 learners and
- All Learners who wrote the November NSC examination between 2008 and 2019 and have completed the SBA component for the subject they wish to repeat
- The School-based Assessment (SBA) validity period has been scrapped, hence the SBA marks you attained when you wrote your first NSC exams at school remain valid.
What are the minimum requirements for a candidate to obtain a National Senior Certificate?
- Achieve 40% in three subjects, one of which is an official language at Home Language level and 30% in three subjects.
- Provide full evidence in the SBA component in the subjects offered