Deadline looms for teaching awards
8 August 2019
Nominations for the 2019 National Teaching Awards need to be submitted by 23 August 2019.
These awards recognize excellence and professionalism and provide the education fraternity with the opportunity to celebrate the achievements of outstanding teachers.
All teachers, governing bodies and district officials are invited to submit nominations, based on the criteria contained in the Nomination and Information Guide.
An electronic version of the Nomination and Information Guide, containing the nomination forms and qualifying criteria, is available on the following web page: https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za/national-teaching-awards
Deserving teachers may be nominated in the following categories:
- Excellence in Grade R Teaching
- Excellence in Primary School Teaching (Grades 1–7)
- Excellence in Secondary School Teaching (Grades 8–12)
- Excellence in Primary School Leadership
- Excellence in Secondary School Leadership
- Excellence in Special Needs Teaching
- Excellence in Technology – Enhanced Teaching and Learning
- Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (GET)
- Excellence in Teaching Natural Sciences (GET)
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Cluster and provincial runners-up and winners will each receive Information and Communication Technology (ICT) vouchers of different values to be redeemed at a reputable ICT service provider.
All provincial winners will also be awarded a laptop.
In addition, winning schools will each receive a cash award of R5 000 (cluster) and R7 500 (provincial) per school per finalist, to be used for the professional development of the teaching staff to improve classroom practice.
We strongly encourage you to participate in nominating deserving teachers for the NTAs.
We have so many exceptional teachers in this Province, and they deserve to be recognized and celebrated!