The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) will release the results of individuals at schools on Tuesday, 23 February 2021 at 12:00.
Results to be collected at schools only.
Results can be accessed via the WCED website on 23 February 2021 at 12:00.
Closing date for re-marking and rechecking: 10 March 2021
Closing date for registration for NSC supplementary examination: 12 March 2021.
Collection of 2020 NSC examination certificates at schools: July 2021
- Ensure that all names as per the identity document are included on the statement of results.
- Check that the name(s) and surname are spelled correctly.
- Check that the correct date of birth/identity number is printed on the results.
Please note: Administrative errors like these can be rectified within three months after the results have been released.
If there are any errors on the results, contact Head Office with the following documents:
- The current statement of results;
- A certified copy of the identity document;
- An affidavit, declaring that you are the rightful owner of the statement of results;
- Specify the error to be rectified; and
- Complete the re-issuing application form.
Due date: 10 March 2021
- Candidates may apply for the re-marking or rechecking of their scripts if they feel that the marks allocated on the written papers are not a true reflection of their performance.
- A re-mark means that the original answer script is marked for a second time by a marker.
- A recheck of your script is a further check to ensure that all questions are duly marked and that all marks are correctly calculated.
What is an application for a viewing?
- Once you have received your results, AFTER re-marking and rechecking, you may apply to view your answer scripts.
- Apply to Nompumelelo.Kanase@westerncape.gov.za, with proof of payment, to view your answer scripts.
Re-marking = R120 (per subject)
Rechecking = R29 (per subject)
Viewing of scripts (only after re-marking and rechecking) = R234
Payments can be made by EFT or into the following Nedbank account at a Nedbank branch:
1452 045 089
15 + ID Number
How do I apply to have my examination re-marked or rechecked?
- No hard copy applications for re-marking will be accepted.
- Apply for re-marking or rechecking by using the online registration services at: www.eservices.gov.za.
- Note: There is no re-marking for the Common Assessment Task for Life Orientation.
- Please note that a new statement of results will only be issued if your subject results improve to a higher level or if your pass status changes.
Please note: Candidates who apply for re-marking/rechecking are advised to register for the supplementary examination in case there is no improvement in their results.
Candidates who failed to achieve a Diploma or Bachelor’s pass status in their current examination sitting, can improve their pass status if they register and write the NSC supplementary examination of May/June 2021. Improved results can lead to a change in their pass status and a new certificate can be issued by Umalusi.
With achieving a Bachelor's degree pass status, you can apply to study towards a degree at a university, university of technology, TVET college or any accredited higher learning institution.
Level system: What the grades mean
- Level 7: 80–100% (Outstanding achievement)
- Level 6: 70–79% (Meritorious achievement)
- Level 5: 60–69% (Substantial achievement)
- Level 4: 50–59% (Moderate achievement)
- Level 3: 40–49% (Adequate achievement)
Which subjects are compulsory?
- Home Language
- First Additional Language
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- Life Orientation
You have to offer your language of learning and teaching (either English or Afrikaans) as one of your language subjects.
All school-based assessment (SBA) marks achieved in 2020 are valid and learners repeating subjects, therefore, only need to rewrite the written papers.
Registration: June 2021 NSC supplementary examination
Hard copy applications must be submitted by the closing date: 12 March 2021.
- Tel: 021 467 2974 | 2936 | 2914 | 2732 | 2990 | 2917 | 2909 | 2941
The June 2021 NSC supplementary examination is open to all candidates who wrote the 2020 NSC examination.
NB: An examination helpline is available for enquiries during the week from 07:30 to 16:00 at tel. 0861 92 33 22.