||In 2018 the Cape Teaching and Leadership Institute (CTLI) will again be offering SACE endorsed teacher development courses, conferences and seminars to principals, deputy principals, heads of department and teachers, either during school terms or school holidays (Annexure A).
||All courses that will be presented by the CTLI in 2018 will be made available on the CTLI website: www.wcedctli.co.za by 16 October 2017.
||Teachers interested in attending these courses must sign up via the CTLI website (the sign-in and registration process is explained in Annexure B).
||The Western Cape Education Department will employ substitute teachers for the duration of courses being attended by incumbent teachers at the CTLI during school terms, provided that:
- there is no teacher in excess at the school;
- the incumbent teacher is not a teacher paid by the governing body; and
- the incumbent teacher is not already substituting for another teacher.
||It is the responsibility of the school to find and nominate a suitable substitute for a teacher attending a course.
||Only 50 teachers will be registered for each of the courses offered during the school term.
||For further information regarding CTLI interventions in 2018, please do not hesitate to contact the following CTLI Programme Coordinators:
- Gavin de Bruyn, tel. no. 021 900 5062, fax 021 900 5114, email firstname.lastname@example.org for all School Management and Leadership Development courses and seminars.
- Magdalena Benn, tel. no. 021 900 5016, fax 086 614 5151, email email@example.com for all Foundation Phase courses and the GET Language Solutions Conference.
- Natasha Fouche, tel. no. 021 900 5018, email firstname.lastname@example.org for all Intermediate and Senior Phase courses and the GET Mathematics Solutions Conference.
- Study Dangala, tel. no. 021 900 5020, email email@example.com for all Special Needs courses.
- Christo Davids, tel. no. 021 900 5039, fax 086 731 6833, email firstname.lastname@example.org for all ICT Integration interventions.
||Kindly bring the contents of this minute to the attention of all teachers.
SIGNED: PAD BEETS
DEPUTY DIRECTOR-GENERAL: CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT MANAGEMENT